Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ZzZzZz... Hornet's Nest!!!

My awesome, hard-working husband tends to SLEEP TALK/WALK...almost all the time. Well... he just had a hilarious episode last night that I had to share. This is not this first time he's done this... This has been going as long as we have been married. Yes, I married to an entertaining guy!! Love it! Okay, back to last night... I was sleeping and had woken up feeling a little cold came to find out that the blanket had fallen off the bed. I had found Dave standing up on the side of the bed fiddling around with the blanket that had fallen off... I asked him what he is doing... Looking rather nervous he said, "There is a hornet's nest right there" pointing at the blanket. I was too tired to play along (yes, I play along till he figured it out he he) so I picked up the blanket and Dave looked at me saying that I was CRAZY and ran down the hallway to get away from the "swarm of hornets". I chuckled a little and went back to sleep... after ten minutes or so I think he finally woke up out of his sleep walking mode and got into bed. The next morning, he does not remember any of this...

I should write down all of his "moments"... but this is a start. I'll put down few things that he had done all throughout our marriage till now.

*Nearly bit my finger off thinking I was a fat man chasing him and decides to bite that man's finger off.
*Waking up to find him rearranging our night stand to block the doorway to keep bad people out...
*He had locked himself outside and took him half hour to figure out how to get back in (I sleep with my hearing aids off so all the banging or yelling doesn't do. He had woken up finding himself outside before trying to wake me up... he remembers this one.)
*Hid the baby blanket thinking it was a baby and hid it under his pillow at the hospital... good thing I was nursing the baby when that happened.
*Brought the kids in bed with us thinking they had been crying... which they aren't.
*Telling me that I shouldn't let the baby sleep on my chest because the chemicals off of my chest is harmful for the baby.
*A LOT of work MECHANICAL terms on how things should work or shouldn't work.
*I get saved by him thinking I was falling off the cliff when I move to the next side.
*Our bedroom gets flooded and tells me not to get out of bed or I'll drown.

There are MANY more to go... See? He's pretty entertaining while sleeping!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha ha That's funny! Sounds like he's a little paranoid when he's asleep! :D

Ginny said...

When David was 9 he sleep walked to home from a sleep over a block away at 2 am.

Right after he came home from his mission he waked his brother up, hollering at him to get out because the house was going to fall in.

Ome night his brothers saw him hiding around corners in the hallway with his pointer finger sticking up next to his face--like it was a gun. Secret AGENT Man!!!

Shannon said...

You are not alone, James sometimes talks in his sleep. One time he looked like he was working on a car saying what part should go where.

Marrian said...

That is sooo funny!!!!

Marrian said...

John just read this story and thought it was hilarious. He said you should put something next to the bed to video tape him. :)

Janika said...

Thats funny and terrifying all at the same time. Tyler always talks in his sleep about baseball stuff. He has yelled at me numerous times for trying to steal 3rd base when he told be not to...and for wearing the wrong color of baseball pants to a game. He is hilarious. I always play along too and try to get him to say stuff that might get him in trouble.... he has never said anything yet (thankgoodness)

Janika said...

Oh...I forgot another funny thing... Tyler has daydreams he acts out too. We were driving in the car the yesterday and he had pointed over to the right and had moved his mouth to say something.(he didn't make any sounds and he wasn't pointing at anything because we were in the car driving) I asked him what he was doing and he said.."nothing" i said then what were you thinking about. He again said "nothing" but i kept asking and he finally said he was telling tate where to stand so they could play catch. I started laughing and he started laughing he had no idea he had actually pointed and moved his mouth..he thought he was just thinking about it in his head. SO FUNNY!

JaLesha said...

Oh my heck!! That is crazy!(and funny!! and maybe scary?) Ryan is totally duhdy (doesn't know what's going on and really out of it) if I wake him up but I'll have to tell him it could be worse I guess!

debs life said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!