Saturday, January 24, 2009

Time Out for Women

Lets rewind back a little bit here... Okay in Christmas time... its a tradition for Dave's family to have the holiday poppers on our dinner plate and we would cross our arms and hold one to each other's poppers and PULL at the same time where all the poppers can pop at the same time and we would get a fun surprises inside the poppers... My awesome mother-in-law with many talents hand made them and filled in surprises for each person. Well, all the men got tickets to go see the MONSTER TRUCKS show and the ladies got to go to TIME OUT FOR WOMEN!!! Wahoo! I love fun surprises!!
Okay now lets move on forward... Time Out for Women finally came and went! It was so much fun and it was a much needed spiritual boost for us. The event started Thursday night and again Friday morning till about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. On Thursday, my mother in law came up and we went to the evening section (Katie came up the following day) and we had some AWESOME singers and speakers... Michael McLean and Kenneth Cope both sang that night and Brad and Debi Wilcox and Chris Stewart spoke to us... during the break... I came up to Brad and told him to read my lips and mouth out the words "YOU DID GREAT!!" and gave me the BIGGEST hug ever! During his talk (he was the first to speak and the break was after) he used to teach 6th grade at an elementary school back in the day and he had a deaf little girl in his class and she came up to him and asked him in her broken deaf English language... "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS HAPPY?! DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM??" He told her to read his lips and said "Yes, we all have problems but don't let our problems take our positive attitude away." Basically his talk really inspired me and I had to come up to him to tell him that. He was SO excited and was so enthralled that I was able to catch everything he said during his presentation. He and his wife are the far the most hilarious couple ever! Love it! After the show... we talked with Michael McLean and Kenneth Cope very briefly and had a quick photo shoot :) The best thing of all is that we got to sit in the front row and sit with all the well known LDS authors and couple of General Authorities and their wives... Sister Oaks sat by us that night! Ahh the benefits of being deaf. LOVE it!


Ginny and I with Micheal McLean!!

Kenneth Cope!!!

(Pictures doesn't do justice... its from my phone, I didn't think we're allow to have cameras but we can! The light from my camera is pretty blinding...)

On Friday, Katie (my sister in law) made it up with us and so GLAD she made it. We all got a cute FREE bag!!! We had Emily Watts, Wendy Ulrich, Michael Wilcox, and Emily Freeman to talk with us and Kenneth Cope sang a lot of songs to us... It was such a fun, fun, fun day! Thanks GINNY!!!




3 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow. Fun and exciting! (And lucky!)

Marrian said...

That's AWESOME!!!!!! I'm so glad you got to go. Jealous, of course, but happy for you!

Ginny said...

I loved it too, you and Katie are two of my favorite people to do stuff with--it's always a party when we are together!!! I love you!!