Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We must be on the NICE list...

First off lets start by Ella's Preschool program... She had it on the 18th of December... like I promised... I would post something about it. It was very well put together program and I was extremely impressed!!! All of the kids are so cute... I was going to take a video through the whole thing but I was worried that if I got to Ella's part, my camera would die. Instead of doing that... I saved it till she comes on... good thing I did because her part was very close to the end. Sorry about my camera shooting skills... its pretty shaky. So... go pop some corn and watch maybe 2 minutes of her fame! (she is on the far left dancing with a boy...)






She is in the middle row (she sitting above the brown hair girl in the front row.) She is finishing up the last song and this is Mrs. Farr, she is the Head of this school explaining us that Ella's Tuesday and Thursday classes have been practicing since Halloween and was very, very impressed with all the students for working really hard at a short practicing time since MWF classes has more time to practice. We sure love this school and we are so proud of Ella doing so well with her performances!! Now Ella is out of school for Christmas break and will resume again on the 5th of January.



Second... Christmas Bakin'...The kids and I have decided to do something nice for the neighbors and friends by baking some yummy Christmas treats... as you can tell... I don't look very attractive in the pictures because I have been working NON-STOP in the kitchen hurrying to get this ready to go before the snowstorm comes... I made some yummy Pretzels-Hugs with Christmas M&M's on top. I should have taken a picture of it but you might can see a little bit in the background of Ella. The one I am doing in this picture is the Chocolate Carmel cookies... its chocolate cookie dough covered in Rolos and rolled in powder sugar. Pretty tasty! The kids had a taste test before delivering.
Third... THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS! That day it finally STOPPED snowing for the first time in 24+ hours... The roads was hideous. It looks like the snow plow must be on strike or something. It was a freakin ice skating rink. Later that afternoon, we were invited to go to my dad's side of the family Christmas Eve potluck... its been a tradition as long as I could remember. My mom's side just had the "Sunday before Christmas" party... where we gather together to have potluck (its so much easier when you have a large quantities of families) and a fun game of White Elephant gift. Sorry no pictures for both... lame I know. Okay back to Christmas Eve, we ALWAYS take a short drive to look at the Christmas lights in downtown and the neighborhoods. After arriving home... all of us has a surprise from the Christmas Fairy... NEW PAJAMAS!! Then we would read a story "The Night Before Christmas" and leave a plate of carrots out on the porch for the Reindeers and of course milk and cookies for Santa. The kids were off to bed and went to sleep very quick.


Coleman and Ella getting ready for their story with their new jammies on.Ella getting ready to put carrots out for the ReindeersSanta's treats


Finally... THE CHRISTMAS MORNING! Was by far the best morning! Dave and I have been awake around 7:00 o'clock and we have been waiting patiently for our kids to wake up and listen for their reaction after seeing what Santa had left behind. It was priceless. We are proud to announce that we have a new addition to the family, SCOTTIE, our miniature schnauzer.


The kids digging through their stockings.


Every Christmas we always have a small family photo shoot after opening our gifts. Dave is holding Scottie. Its hard to see... look down below and you'll see a better picture of him.

Dave and I are happy to see the kids happy.Scottie!!
All in all we had a wonderful Christmas holiday and we are looking forward for the New Year to come.

2 comments:

Marrian said...

SHANNON!!! I miss you sooo much!!!
I LOVE your little dog. I'm so jealous.
I think it's so funny that today I am changing my blog layout too and I was going to pick that same background as you :).
I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas. Maybe next year 'santa' will give you some tickets to Germany :).
Thanks for posting the video of Ella's school program. I sure miss that place. And Jakob tells everyone about his school that he use to go to.

Marrian said...

You like those pics on my side bar? I told John that you asked me about those and he said, "no way, you can't tell". :)
Thanks, he enjoyed the compliment!